Can I upgrade my MOSCAD Toolbox applications to run in an ACE3600?
Yes! There is an upgrade utility which runs when you import any Toolbox application. While the upgrade utility works, ITS recommends going through each rung in your ladder application to make sure the rungs converted correctly. It's our experience that some rungs don't convert correctly.
MOSCAD Toolbox version 5.50 and above are supported for application upgrades.
The upgrade procedure is:
- Import the MOSCAD .prg application by the STS Application manager (inside an STS project).
- A new application format (*.adb) will be created in the STS project. Unsupported tables (INTRAC) will be removed, other tables will be added.
- Unsupported variables and system CALLs will be removed from rungs. IO\Link information is deleted during the upgrade operation.
- Assign the upgraded application to a site and fill the IO\link tables if necessary.
- Compile the application and handle errors that may result from unsupported variables.